To ensure you hear that 💰 ching-a-linging back into your acct.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Wood repair markers because you won't be charged for scratches and nicks in wood surfaces if you color those babies in so they're totally undetectable. Hit the floors, steps, windowsills, cabinets, and wherever else.
2. Stainable wood filler for deeper holes and scratches that can't be simply colored in but DEF need fixing by the time you move out and the landlord does the walk-through. This'll have you like, "What spot?"
3. Felt furniture pads to keep your stuff from ruining the floors when you move 'em around OR just from wearing down the spot over time. Just peel and stick!
4. Door stoppers so you can put a ~halt~ to the wall damage bound to happen near the door that opens wide and slams hard (gotta lovvve tight spaces and heavy-handed folks in the house, right?)
5. A tile and stone repair kit — betcha thought those chips in your floor or on that back wall behind your counter were a lost cause, huh? Nope! This'll get 'em back to looking like nothing ever happened.
6. And! An oil stain remover to fix up stone surfaces you believed would sho'nuff be the reason your security deposit went bye-bye. This'll prob help you ~counter~ that loss.
7. A 4-in-1 hole repair product — a bottle of spackle with a built-in primer, a built-in putty knife on the top, and a sanding pad on the cap — that will get those walls under control with ease.
8. A replacement HVAC system filter — consider this a handy reminder if your lease says you're the one responsible for replacing this. You haven't touched it since the move-in date, huh? Replace it now, friends — especially if you already know you've got yourself a petty landlord.
9. Oven cleaner because yes, a landlord can declare your oven too dirty and withhold some or all of your deposit for the cost of cleanup or completely replacing it. This cleaner will make that baby look brand spankin' new so you can avoid those probs!
11. A duster brush just for your blinds (esp the plantation kind) because if you think it's wild for a landlord to charge for dust, then think again. There's usually a fee attached to extra cleanup so you'd better send those dust bunnies hopping on away!
12. An extendable microfiber duster — since we're talking dust — so you can get up-too-high particles plus the ones hiding out between tinier crevices. Leave no spot unwiped, folks!
13. Garbage disposal cleaning packets to ensure that you don't leave any assaulting odors behind when you're outta there. Wouldn't want your security deposit to go ~down the drain~ because of a foul odor you left the landlord to deal with, would ya?
14. A rust-busting spray gel that'll get rid of those unsightly stains around your house that'll only ever roll their eyes and suck their teeth at bleach and baking soda. Just picture this spray saying, "Hold my beer" as the other cleaning products stand on the sidelines in awe.
15. Bar Keepers Friend soft cleanser to remove permanent-seeming stuff from surfaces in your house — like tarnish, rust, hard water stains, and even soap scum. Lowkey, this may make the property look better than it looked when you first moved in. 👀
16. A wine-stain remover because that red wine spot (yea, even the one you settled for being light pink instead of Merlot dark) is coming outta 👏🏾 that 👏🏾carpet 👏🏾 tuh👏🏾 day!
17. And! Pet stain remover to remove those extra deep pee spots that seem impossible to get out, plus the assaulting odors that can come along with them.
18. And! A Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty made with actual factual grass that'll be perfect for training your doggo to not go indoors at all — so the carpets stay as pee-less (as possible).
19. Watermark-removing cloths to make pesky rings disappear from your wooden surfaces. Now listen, you'll be mad as fire to discover that even a penny of your money is being withheld because of rings on rented furniture that coulda been cleared away with these wipes.
20. A leather stain remover spray that'll give any leather furniture in your house a refresh without having to take anything (especially your money 🤑) to a professional for a deep clean.
21. A battery-powered scrubber with a super sturdy handle so you can get into even the smallest of nooks and crannies properly to clean. With the oscillating bristles, there'll be no real wrist work involved!
22. Or, a whole grout cleaning kit to get those tiles looking perfect. This'll be a dream for the folks (like me, lol) who like to leave a home looking like total MONEY (ya know, so the landlord doesn't keep yours). Doing the most? Maybe. But, it couldn't hurt. 🤷🏿♀️
23. Air-tight paint touch-up pens that'll handle any small scratches, scuffs, or stains that you, the kids, your spouse, or even your pet may have contributed to the walls during your stay.
24. Or, Magic Eraser sponges – they'll leave you in AWE when you're done. The landlord will be like, "But I don't smell any paint." And you'll be like, "Oh, it's because I didn't use any; it's Magic." And it'll kinda-sorta be the truth. 😏
25. Screen repair tape to cover that tear in the screen window or door. Super forgettable imperfection, until it's in a letter filled with reasons why your security deposit isn't en route. 😯
26. OR, a whole window screen roll kit to inconspicuously replace the whole she-bang and your landlord will be none the wiser. Per lotsa reviewers, this thing is super easy to install — especially for first-time DIYers.
27. A fireplace cleaner kit that will get rid of soot stains (plus germs and odor) so your fireplace goes back to lookin' like the brand new upgrade your landlord bought right before you moved in a year ago.
28. Self-adhesive marble film to give your bathroom or kitchen counters a chic upgrade that'll be easy to remove when your lease ends.
29. A suction shower and bath grip so everyone in the house can step in and out of the bath without slipping — with no permanent, deposit-threatening install involved.
30. Command hooks to hang up literally anything you want without causing any wall damage you'll have to pay for later.
ALL I GOTTA SAY IS: YOU'RE WELCOME!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.
Looking for more great Amazon finds? Check out some of our favorite cheap things to buy on Amazon, some of the weirdest things on Amazon you might actually want, or read through all the rest of our incredible Amazon product recommendations.
Need A Shopping Buddy?
Get great products - from pros in the fine art of buying stuff online - delivered to your inbox!